Do you wanna know about marketing?
Are you not being able to understand the concept of marketing?
Are you confused between Traditional marketing and Digital Marketing?
Do you wanna know about Personal Branding?
Then this is the right place for you to get the answers of all your problems, and become the better you (I would rather say you will definitely become a better marketer). In this article I am going to talk about:
- The fundamentals of marketing
- Digital marketing vs. Traditional marketing.
- CATT Marketing Funnel
- Integrated Digital Marketing
- Personal Branding: MassTrust Blueprint
But before discussing about the above mentioned topics, let me tell you about the basics of marketing first.
In today’s world everyone needs to be a good marketer – whether you are an employee in a firm, an entrepreneur, looking for a job, a student, or a housewife.
So what is marketing?
It is basically selling your ideas and thoughts about a product or service, which can be anything including yourself. It is not a skill, it is a talent that you are born with. You just need to understand and upgrade your knowledge with hands on practice to unlock your 2.0 version of yourself.
Marketing cannot be learned by a few steps. It is purely based on science and works according to human psychology.
If you know how to market yourself, you are already better than a lot of people.
If you have a doubt in mind about why should you learn marketing?
Let me tell you that marketing is the most valuable investment in a business because it gives direct returns. Everything else like Production, Manufacturing, HR, Accounting, and Administration is an expense that doesn’t give immediate ROI.
Now let’s proceed with
The fundamentals of marketing
There are different ways of marketing your product and services but if you don’t understand the fundamentals of marketing, it sounds more like you are proposing a girl for marriage but you don’t anything about her.
Believe me, this is the common reason behind the failure of 90% of startups.
Marketing starts before creating the product. It starts with understanding the customer and customers needs that leads to creating a product that fits.
Marketing is not just about selling. Of course sales are very important in every business but if your focus is just on sales I can guarantee you that you cannot survive long in the market. It is also about keeping an existing customer happy by communicating with them so that they can remain a customer for life.
The purpose of marketing is to build a brand and capture a position in the minds of the customers.
You should never let marketing become more important than the product. A great product sells itself.
If you do not have a good product or a good service, marketing and good marketing will accelerate the death of your company.
According to me word of mouth marketing is the best channel of marketing ever. Advertising, copywriting and sales are some of the components of marketing which are used for an integrated marketing campaign.
Digital marketing Vs. Traditional marketing
Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing are only the forms of Marketing, which has evolved with time. But none of these two are going anywhere they are here to stay.
Traditional marketing channels are- print ads, billboards, or television advertisements etc. On the other hand, digital marketing Channels are – search engines, emails, social media etc.
Traditional marketing is for large enterprises because it is costly where as digital marketing can be an alternative for small businesses with small budgets.
I’ll provide some insights for you to try and understand which one will work better for your brand:
- If a product is personalised and only for a specific community/group- Digital marketing can help reach only the targeted audience.
- If a product is generic with a very wide targeting – Traditional marketing can help reach a greater audience.
As I mentioned earlier, be it traditional marketing or digital marketing, you need to be a good marketer first. Remember both the terms are more about marketing and not about digital or traditional.
Both Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing have pros and cons, but both can be useful for your brand depending on the product or service you are selling.
CATT Marketing Funnel
If you have been into marketing, I am sure you have heard about the widely accepted marketing funnel – AIDA which stands for Attention, Interest, Desire and Action.
But with the growing age, you have to keep upgrading yourself as a marketer.
CATT Marketing Funnel works on 4 factors (Content, Attention, Trust, and Transaction).
Wealth = n^CATT
(n) Niche: Your success & wealth depends on the niche you choose. For any business choosing a right niche is very important.
Always keep in mind that, your niche should have to be the passion in which you have a talent and that fits perfectly in the market.
(C) Content: Create useful content that attracts people from your niche and add value to their life. Blog posts, videos, lead magnets, live webinars etc. are the different forms in which you can share your content.
(A) Attention: If your content adds value to people’s life it will automatically get high organic traffic. Other than that you may also drive attention (traffic) to your content using SEO, Social Media, Paid Ads and Referrals
(T) Trust: Build trust with your audience with trip wires, marketing automation and retargeting by providing valuable content.
(T) Transaction: Convert your leads into customers with natural sales methods, which becomes easy if the above mentioned steps are followed properly.
Integrated Digital Marketing
Integrated digital marketing is, as it sounds, the integration of multiple marketing channels in a strategic approach for your business. You should first focus on building you content, and then connect it with the different marketing channels like- Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Marketing, Paid Ads, Email Marketing etc and build a foolproof sales funnel, which automatically drive sales.
Integrated digital marketing helps to engage your audience and make more revenue in the longer run.
Now the question is:
How to build an Integrated Digital Marketing System?
You should not focus on any one marketing channel as it won’t give you results. That’s why you need integrate all the channels in such a way that it becomes a automated machine but runs in a strategic way.
So first of all, try generating value with your content. Then try gaining attention and trust through Integrated Digital Marketing. Sales will come naturally, but remember that you should not ask for money before the last stage of the loop.
Personal Branding: MassTrust Blueprint
Now last but not the least, I am sure all of you must be waiting for this as this is the need of the hour right now – Personal Branding
Branding is a part of Marketing, rather branding is the long term goal for marketing. Then why don’t you make yourself a brand?
Yes you heard me right. Branding oneself is known as personal branding. Personal branding will help you to gain the trust of other people and that too for your work.
Whether you are a job seeker or an entrepreneur or a blogger you need to know how to brand yourself as a personal brand.
Here are some of the positive effects of personal branding along with examples:
- A personal brand might give rise to many brands from his/her influence i.e. he/she becomes the influencer and the brand ambassador for the companies. For example: Elon Musk has a bigger following than SpaceX and Tesla, so he is the influencer and the brand ambassador for bothe the companies along with being the owner.
- Dabur, Vaidyanath, HUL, P&G were already existing brand and ruling the market but more than 98% of the users don’t know the name of their founders. Baba Ramdev focused on personal branding, gained trust and became an influencer. Because of which his company Patanjali gained success in this market that too over a short period of time.
However, it is not mandatory to have a company behind personal branding. You can earn through freelancing, consulting, mentoring or even get a better job.
Now what is this Mass Trust Blueprint?
Well Mass Trust means to gain the trust of a huge mass of people who follows you blindly with the trust that you will never mislead them but it is not so easy to build a mass trust.
Let me guide you with the process of building a mass trust:
- Learn– Learn a new skill through Concepts, Facts and Procedures. Understand the concepts. Remember the facts and practice the Procedures.
- Work– put your new found skills to work. Go from practice to implementation. Implementing it in the real world will give you better understanding. (Work= Job/ Freelancing/ Own Projects)
- Blog– Write about what you have learned and experienced through your work. When you write, you understand it better, but you will also start building your personal brand.
- Consult– Now that you have a personal brand through your blog, have work experience and have learned the fundamentals, start consulting other businesses instead of working for them.
- Mentor- Mentor others who want to become like you. Mentoring will help you scale your understanding to a whole new level.
- Startup– Start your own product or service business with the understanding that you have developed about the market, the problem and your own skills.
So with that we come to the end of the article. I hope, I could help you understand the law of marketing, the fundamentals of marketing, Digital marketing vs. Traditional marketing, CATT Marketing Funnel, Integrated Digital Marketing, Personal Branding: MassTrust Blueprint and moreover help you to become a better marketer. If you have any doubts/ queries regarding this article please feel free to ask questions down in the comment section and before leaving please give a feedback to this article so that I can improve more and come up with better articles.